The workout we have come up with today to post is the Scorpion Workout! This one is inspired by the physique that Scorpion has in the Mortal Kombat. Don’t forget that nutrition plays an important role when striving to achieve various fitness and strength goals!
Research process for celebrities/characters/etc:
When we are researching workouts for different anime characters, celebrities, cartoon characters, athletes, politicians, etc… We go through a fairly large deep dive into the data we can find available through books, movies, comic books, interviews, articles that have been written, and we often even reach out to contact the individuals to gather data if at all possible. Then using our education and knowledge we formulate workout information based on what the research and outreach information obtained.
Weight: 210 lbs
(Information retrieved from Wikipedia.)
Looking for nutritional information to help get you on track with your health and fitness goals? We also have you covered, on our Unorthodox Training Nutrition page we have laid out many of the basics for nutrition information that has helped to consistently get results. We go into nutrition more in-depth in our membership program as well. Combining fitness and nutrition routines or plans together can allow you to optimize your health and fitness with your lifestyle. Your nutrition should be set-up in a way that helps you to create a sustainable health and fitness routine to achieve your desired health and fitness results.
5 days per week
I’m going to programming you 3 days of weightlifting and high intensity training, because above all else this is still a weightlifting/fitness site – and then I’ll also be giving you 2 days of fighting MMA style programming from Coach Derek.
Day One: Full Body Training
Stretch and Foam Roll
3×5 Pull Ups
3×15 Air Squats
3×20 Push Ups
Tricep Overhead Extension
Bent Over Rows
Day Two: Daredevil Styled Fighting from Coach Derek
Matt and his father were both boxers, while its impossible and dangerous to box blindfolded, and you are most certainly guaranteed to get injured hitting a heavy bag blindfolded, let’s focus on defensive maneuvers to give you that Daredevil like “Radar Sense” to avoid blows
Crucial not only in Boxing, but all forms of combat. Used primarily not just to avoid, but to set up your strikes. A moving target is much more difficult to hit. The best way to practice this is with an partner using pool noodles. Have your partner swing at your head in straight and curved motions, simulating straights , uppercuts and hooks Doing this injury free drill will assist in turning flinching into slips, Parrys, Shoulder rolls , and bob n weaves
Bob n Weave to the Right or Left
Best Used when you’re approaching and getting into range. As soon as your opponent throws a punch, you quickly bend at the knees (not your waist) and move your head (like in a “V” or “U” shaped motion) stepping to the outside of the punch. Remember to keep your weight centered at all times. If you’ve done it correctly, you should end up on the outside of your opponent’s punch when you come back up,
- Off opponents’ center line
- Able to counter quickly
- Loaded for powerful counters
- Not effective on straight punches
- Wide open if faked
- Not effective for Uppercuts or multi combos
Slightly deflecting your opponent’s punch away with your hand using the same side (when they throw a left you Parry with your right and vise versa) Never Reach across!!
- great for power , straight and long punches as well as push punchers
- creates vulnerability for counters, make them off balance or slows down arm recovery
- tires opponents, especially long-armed and power-punchers
- useful for shorter fighters to deflect punches to get inside
- ineffective against fast/light/non-committed punches,& curved punches
- not always effective against combinations
- can leave you open if you get faked
- difficult to do at close range
- not helpful against body punches
Shoulder Roll or Fade Right or Left side
The shoulder roll is naturally the next step up from the parry technique. Instead of deflecting punches with your hands, you use your body now. The shoulder roll is incredibly effective because your body can roll off your opponent’s best shots with ease ,it relies on rhythm for defense while neutralizing entire combinations at even close range.
- effective and easy against multiple punches
- frees up the hands for faster counter punching
- covers both head and body easily
- can work when unable to see momentarily or off-balanced
- will deflect power Punches even when they land
- saves shoulder energy & gives tricky counter angles
- ineffective/unnecessary against weaker punches it can also leave you highly vulnerable if you get faked and/or roll in the wrong direction
- less effective in cross-stance , extremely vulnerable to Leg kicks and take-downs in street, Thai Boxing or MMA
Slipping to the Right or Left
Slipping requires complete evasion of the punch by displacing the head or body to one side, MOSTLY by going to the outside of the oncoming punch,in a” V” step ice skating motion. .
Slipping is the best way (sometimes the only way) to counter against really fast opponents. On occasion it’s the only way to close distance against a taller opponent, .
- hands and body completely free to counter instantaneously
- creates huge vulnerabilities in opponent (they are wide open after missing)
- avoids punch entirely, no contact (assuming slip was successful )
- create escapes (great way to escape when trapped in the corner)
- allows you to advance forward while defending
- complete evasion easily breaks your opponent’s punching rhythm (combo-breaker)
- Used to set up position for counters
- requires lots of practice and skill
- highly vulnerable if caught or faked
- not recommended against multiple punches
- ineffective against body punches
Now that we have a basic understanding, work them into your shadowboxing, focus mitt or heavy bag session. Remember your striking table
- Left Upper Cut
- Right upper cut
Now work on:
Slip left, slip right
Bob n weave Left then Right
Slip Left, shoulder roll left, bob n weave left, repeat on other side.
Now add strikes, using your movement to position you.
1-2-1-2 slip Left, Slip Right
1- Shoulder roll Right -2-3-2
Bob n weave Right- 6-3-2
1- slip Left
2 -slip Right
1-2-3-4- bob n weave Right
3- bob n weave Left-3
2- slip Right -2
1-parry Right -2 Parry Left -shoulder roll Right -2
1-2-1-2- shoulder roll Right- 2-3
1-2-3 Slip Left , Rear Slip Left-Shoulder roll Left
Parry Left-2- Bob N weave Right-2-3
Slip Left -5-4-3
The best defensive technique?
Like the Super Soldier Serum, it does not exist. Use the one that fits your situation and feels the most natural in that moment. If you have to think about it too much, its not natural. Evade your opponent’s punches any way that you can and be sure to counter immediately Different techniques will work against different opponent’s styles. Great Fighters are forever adapting their offense to get around opponents defense, so keep changing up your defensive game to keep up
Day Three: Full Body Training
Stretch and Foam Roll
3×5 Pull Ups
3×15 Air Squats
3×20 Push Ups
Tricep Cable Kickbacks
Clean and Press
Incline Bench Press
Dumbbell Bicep Curls
Become An Unorthodox Training Member Today:
ACHIEVING FITNESS RESULTS JUST GOT WAY EASIER.
The Unorthodox Training Fitness Program Membership is a simplified process that is easy to learn and adapt as part of your daily routine. Our new one-of-a-kind fitness program provides you with a simplified approach guides you with every step of your fitness journey so you can confidently achieve your fitness goals in less time! Get more training, tools, and resources to help guide you towards achieving your health and fitness goals!
The information discussed in this article is meant solely for educational reasons. This is not medical advice because I am not a doctor. This post is based on my personal experiences and my readings of the existing scientific literature. Only healthy adults should follow the advice and ideas in this article. You should get the advice of your doctor before implementing any of the suggestions in this article. Consult your doctor if you have any health difficulties or pre-existing conditions before making any changes based on the advice in this article. As a disclaimer, the author/owner of this website makes no representations as to whether the material contained there will actually cause any harm or liability, real or perceived, and as such should not be held responsible as you are assuming any risks yourself.