Who doesn’t like fries? We enjoy fries from time to time, when we have room for carbs to go with a meal or if we just want to make a small portion for a carb snack fries are a good go to snack. That being said make sure you check the weight macronturients and such of the ingredients and foods you eat. Today we are bringing you a fairly simple straight forward sweet potato fries recipe, you could make them as a snack or as a side dish to pair with an entree that fits your macronutrients to achieve your health and fitness goals.
• 300 grams Sweet Potatoes
• ½ tbsp. Olive Oil
• ¼ to ½ tsp. Cinnamon (if you don’t like cinnamon you can skip it, I like to use it sometimes because it can help to change the flavor a little bit)
• ¼ – ½ tsp. Cayenne pepper
• Salt (to taste)
How to Make the Sweet Potato Fries:
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Wash your sweet potatoes.
- Remove the skin by using a potato peeler until all skin has been removed.
- Slice off the edges of the sweet potato and then using a potato cutter, cut into thin fries. Note that this is an important step, so it’s highly recommended you do use the potato cutting to get them sliced thin enough.
- Place the fries in a bowl and then drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the spices on top of the potatoes and then mix to coat.
- Place on a non-stick oven sheet, making sure no fries are touching each other and then place in the oven to bake for 10 minutes.
- Once finished, flip over and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove and serve.
This recipe packs 268 kcals per serving, its a good option if you are having a sweet craving or if you are looking for a carbohydrate food source that comes from natural whole foods. Be sure to check food labeling and nutrition labels for any allergies you may have and to track and log macronutrients accurately.