This recipe makes 2 servings and based on the calculations for ingredients we used it comes to 391 calories per serving. To be accurate you should always do the math yourself to make sure the ingredients you use are calculated properly. Accurately tracking your macronutrient intake to ensure that you are working towards your health and fitness goals helps you to optimize your nutrition and fitness together to work towards producing your desired results.
- 4 slices favorite bread
- ½ green pepper, sliced
- ½ small onion, sliced
- 2 slices reduced fat pepper jack cheese
- 8oz thinly sliced 5280meat sirloin tip steak
- Steak seasoning of choice, optional
- Season meat and cook as desired
- Add peppers and onions to medium skillet and cook until tender (or grill outside with steak)
- Layer steak, veggies and cheese onto bread
- Top with additional bread slice
- Heat medium skillet or grill pan over medium heat*
- Add sandwich to pan and toast until golden
- Flip and toast until cheese is fully melted
***Remember different brands of ingredients may have different macronutrient information, also something else to keep an eye on is brands changing recipes or ingredients in their products which alters the macronutrient information for products you may like to use. By checking nutrition labels on the packaging this allows you to make sure that you are being more accurate with your nutritional calculations when logging and tracking your macronutrients.