Great way to get healthy fats and protein in is to add avocado to a dish! That’s what we did with this recipe, it’s nothing that special, but making some small additions to an omelet can make it taste better and also help you hit your macronutrient goals for the day!
• 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
• 2 medium/large Eggs
• ½ Avocado, sliced into chunks
• ½ medium Tomato, chopped
• 1 tsp. Oregano
• 1 tsp. Basil
- Whisk together one whole egg along with one egg (toss the second yolk) in a small bowl. If you prefer more fat, use both eggs whole.
- Over medium to high heat, place the skillet on the stove coating with olive oil.
- As skillet is heating up, dice the tomatoes and avocado.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and begin to cook.
- Once almost cooked, add the tomato and avocado mixture and then top with basil and oregano.
- Turn one side over the other to create the omelet.
- Serve immediately!
Depending on your macronutrient goals based off your health and fitness goals that you have in mind you can adjust the level of fats or protein as you see fit to meet your goals, maybe you need more egg, maybe you need to substitute egg whites for whole eggs, maybe you need less avocado. The important thing to remember is tracking and logging the macronutrients for the ingredients you are using is important. Pay attention to measurements, serving sizes, and the nutrition labels.