Today we have a tasty treat coming your way with this new recipe… This is a protein rice krispy treat, referred to as the anabolic rice krispy treats recipe. This recipe makes 10 servings, each serving is 222 calories (222kcals per serving). This recipe can help you meet protein and macronutrient goals while also being able to curb your cravings by eating something you may find enjoyable. This makes a good dessert or pre-workout snack.
- ▢ 6 cups crispy rice cereal can use regular or brown rice crisps
- ▢ 6 cups mini marshmallows
- ▢ 6 tablespoon butter I use the olive oil blend sticks
- ▢ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ▢ ½ cup unflavored whey isolate protein powder
How to make them:
- Spray a 9×13 glass baking dish with cooking spray and set aside
- In a large, non-stick pot, melt butter and marshmallows on low heat, stirring constantly
- When all marshmallows are melted, remove pot from the heat and immediately stir in vanilla and protein powder, stirring quickly while marshmallow mixture is warm
- Stir in crispy rice cereal and press into the glass baking dish. Allow bars to cool then cut and enjoy. These bars are best eaten the same day but can be wrapped in plastic wrap to be saved for the next day or two.
Be sure to check nutrition labels as the exact calorie and macronutrient count may fluctuate depending on the ingredients you use or that you have available to you. This is a great treat for yourself or to share with others. The fairly quick time that it takes to make this recipe, combined with the fact that it makes multiple rice krispy treats you can eat over a couple of days makes it something many people like as this is lower calorie and higher protein than many desserts or snacks you see in stores.