We have got a good recipe for y’all today! This french toast recipe turned out really well!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED (Ingredients)
● 1 EGG WHITE – 17 CALORIES
● 1 WHOLE EGG – 70 CALORIES
● ½ CUP FAT FREE MILK – 45 CALORIES
● PINCH SALT
● ¼ TEASPOON VANILLA EXTRACT
● TEASPOON CINNAMON (OPTIONAL)
● 4 SLICES WHOLE WHEAT BREAD (Calories in bread can vary depending on brand and ingredients)
● 0 CALORIE PAM SPRAY
● PRE HEAT PAN TO MEDIUM HEAT, SPRAY PAN WITH 0 CALORIE Cooking SPRAY
● COMBINE EGGS, MILK, SALT, VANILLA AND CINNAMON IN A BOWL AND MIX UNTIL COMBINED
● DUNK WHOLE WHEAT BREAD IN MIXTURE AND PLACE ON PRE SPRAYED PAN AND COOK 3-4
MINUTES EACH SIDE
You could substitute other bread options as well for example we used Schmidt 647 bread in the Peanut Butter Sandwich Recipe, you could use that bread here as well. You can also top this with a zero sugar syrup to get the more french toast taste without adding many more calories. Most no sugar syrups range 5-10 calories per serving of syrup.
Remember to calculate your macronutrients with the ingredients you use as it could vary and you want to make sure the totals are accurate for tracking you macronutrients.